Mid-Level Staff Accountant
CAVU Advisors is an accounting outsourcing and strategic financial consulting firm whose mission is to deliver high value to our clients. Founded in the technology-rich Washington, D.C. area by former business owners and executives with real-world experience in growing and selling businesses, we apply innovative and proven methods to increase the value of our clients’ organizations in a cost-effective manner. We provide our clients with the level of care, energy, and commitment required to meet their business objectives and maximize their market value.
Mid-Level Staff Accountant
The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of hands-on, accounting operations experience to include “full-cycle" A/P, A/R-Billing, Job Cost Accounting, financial statements, bank reconciliations, and monthly closing.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payable from invoice entry thru check-cutting
- A/R - billing of customer invoices and collection of customer payments
- Job Costing for government contracts
- Daily accounting for all cash deposits
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Process payroll and entering payroll journal entry and update vacation balances
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing financials and updating forecast schedules
- Closing Process/Cycle
- Mastering budgeting and forecasting process including identifying areas of concern (e.g. indirect tab; variances)
- Financial Reporting, as needed
- Working knowledge of indirect rates and basic pricing skills
- Organize and maintain all vendor and accounting records
- Prepare and update spreadsheets weekly
- Research items; handle inquiries and information requests
- Monitors cash flow in accordance with client needs
- Responsible for meeting deliverables and client satisfaction for assigned clients
- Support assigned clients with cost-effective, accurate, and compliant accounting services
- Assist with training of Junior Accountants, as needed
Experience working for or with government contractors and Unanet, CostPoint, and/or Quickbooks is required. This position is nominally located in Columbia, Maryland but will be working virtually during the COVID pandemic. This is a great opportunity for the highly motivated individual. We seek a results-oriented, energetic person with superior accounting skills.
Qualified candidates will have the following characteristics:
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience required; proficiency with general ledger, job costing, GAAP compliance a must
- Highly organized. Tedious about record-keeping, file organization, etc.
- Able to handle competing deliverables with various levels of complexity.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Extremely computer literate, strong MS Excel, MS Word skills are a must
- Understanding of Government contracting including Familiarity with the FAR and indirect rate structures
- Motivated – A self-starter with the ability to multi-task, problem solves, and takes initiative
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software, as required
Overall, candidates must be highly accurate, have superior written and oral communication skills, and be extremely organized. We value our clients and this individual must offer great customer service. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including among others; medical, dental, vacation, and 401K.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAVU Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.